Committee Roles & Responsibilities: Volunteering as an FPA Michigan pro bono volunteer is a great way for financial planners to give back to their communities. It‘s also a great way to help ourselves. Pro bono can build bridges with other community organizations, strengthen our chapter‘s esprit de corps and attract new members, and increase public understanding and appreciation of financial planning. It can also help individual planners develop their own planning knowledge and skills; CFP® candidates may be able to count pro bono hours toward their experience requirement. Perhaps most importantly, pro bono is a way to define ourselves — to establish that FPA members not only are business people but also are professionals dedicated to the public good. PRO BONO IS…
- A way to help people in need and give back to our communities.
- A way to connect with other community organizations (government, non-profits, etc.).
- A way for chapters to connect with members.
- A way for individual planners to build skills.
- A way for our profession to forge our identity
Interested in joining the Pro Bono Committee? Please fill out the Contact Form below: